Soosiamanickam ArockiasamyHead of Reliability Department
Salalah Methanol Company
Soosiamanickam Arockiasamy has been responsible for the inspection and reliability for the Methanol Plant in Oman. Prior to joining Salalah Methanol Company, Soosiamanickam worked in plant inspection and construction inspection at several companies, including AAJGAS UAE, QAFAC Qatar, and ABS Consulting Middle East. His 5 years of experience as an Inspection Surveyor for ABS Consulting enhanced his experience as a leader and trainer.
The core purpose of an outage is to maintain the equipment reliability, improve safety and ensure efficient operation while also achieving critical regulatory requirement. This workshop will cover the required steps and processes for STO improvement and effective completion. It will include strategies on how to minimise the possibility of equipment failure and reduce the impact on manpower safety, equipment and operation safety.
The session will also include:
- Scenario discussion on how to actively manage situations during an outage
- How to plan for plant reliability and equipment availability with an effective STO strategy
- Plans to select work through a prioritisation system to control future maintenance costs
11:00 AM Effective methods for pre-qualification and assessment of contractors during pre-shutdown phase to avoid any delay in the turnaround process
- Implementing an effective quality assurance and quality checking programme to assess contractors to maximise effectiveness
- Aligning contractor and organisation cultures to achieve the HSE protocol during STO
- Core methodologies for ensuring quality assurance in contractors and identifying Quality Assurance (QA) and Quality Control (QC) elements during contractor induction to avoid confusi
12:00 PM PANEL DISCUSSION: Insights on how STO managers ensure they have planned each aspect of the project thoroughly by working within the STO parameters
- Managing the STO scope of work in severe budget constraints and achieve TAR effectiveness without sacrificing the reliability and integrity
- Evaluating tasks and time frames when detailing the scope of work to sign off on time
- Ensuring job hazards, safety, permit requirements and potential obstacles are identified, addressed and communicated within the required work order